Our Bottom Line Is
Great Customer Service.
No computer? No problem. Call FirstLine at 1-800-485-2871 from any phone to check balances, posted transactions, and transfer funds.
» Learn More
Safe ~ Sound ~ Secure
Our mission is to partner with our customers and communities to successfully achieve their goals.
Community First Bank (CFB) traces its beginnings to 1871 when the First National Bank of Boscobel was organized by Dwight Parker. Its premises were on the second floor of the present Unique Cafe. Following lending difficulties, the bank was succeeded in 1879 by Pipkin Bank, a private bank. Under new state laws prohibiting private banks, in 1903 there was a name change to Pipkin State Bank. In 1908 Messrs. Kronshage and Betz purchased Pipkin's stock. In 1912, premises were acquired at 1006 Wisconsin Avenue and in 1913 the name was changed to Central State Bank.
Another predecessor bank, State Bank of Boscobel, was incorporated in 1892 by Matt and Will Pittman, druggists, in a corner of the front of their store (now Timber Lane Coffee and formerly the Cornerstone Bar). In 1905 Louis, John, and F.W. Ruka purchased the Pittman interests. In 1907, the business moved to new quarters across and down the street (now Von Haden Insurance). Central State and State Bank came together through consolidation in 1930 during depression years. At that time Central State Bank office on west Wisconsin Avenue was renovated to house the consolidated operations. In the middle of the 1960's Robert Morrison, Jr. and his family became the dominant shareholders with the Morrison family continuing its ownership to the present time. That location carried the bank until the early 1970's when an expansion next door and renovation was completed. The present bank building was completed in March 1994, and the former quarters sold to the City of Boscobel to be used as City Hall. Also in 1994, Boscobel State Bank changed its name to Community First Bank.
Community First Bank currently has offices in Boscobel, Muscoda (acquired in 1942), Richland Center (opened in 1995), Reedsburg (opened in 2000), and Baraboo (opened in 2003). Our bank purpose is to partner with our customers and communities to successfully achieve their goals. We look forward to being "First for You" now and for many years to come.