First for You. Providing you with
the most convenient ways to bank.
Thank you for banking with Community First Bank. Please let us know how we are doing at being "First for You"
» Learn More
Mobile Deposit Frequently Asked Questions
What is CFB Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit, available through the Community First Bank Mobile app, lets you make a deposit from your iPhone, iPad or Android smartphone by taking a picture of your check.
Is Mobile Deposit available on Mobile Web and/or the Mobile App?
Mobile Deposit is available through the Mobile app only, not through Community First Bank Mobile Web.
Which smartphones or devices work with Mobile Deposit?
Please contact ebanking at 608-943-0150 with questions regarding what devices will work with mobile deposit.
Is there a Fee for the service?
There is no cost to make a mobile deposit.
What is the cutoff time?
The deposit cut-off time is 4:00 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday. If you submit a mobile deposit after 4:00 p.m., on a non-business day or on a federal holiday, your deposit will be processed the next business day.
When will I see this in my account?
Deposits made prior to 1:00 will be memo posted to your account at 2:00. Deposits made after 1:00 will not show until after our end of day processing around 6:30.
When are my funds available to use?
Funds deposited using Mobile Deposit will generally be made available in one to three business days from the day of deposit. However, there may be longer delays in the availability of the funds and we are not responsible for any loss, costs or fees that you may incur as a result of any such delay.
How do I sign up?
Consumer customers must have a FirstNet ID (enrolled in Online Banking) and must have registered their phone for mobile banking and have the mobile app downloaded. Click on “Mobile Deposit” icon to register, sign up the accounts you want to deposit to, and agree to the terms and conditions to begin using the program. Cash management users, please contact ebanking at 608-943-0150 for further information regarding this product.
Are there any limitations on what I can deposit?
Yes daily limits apply.
- Consumer FirstNet (includes businesses using FirstNet)
- 5 items per day/$1,000 per day
- 20 items per calendar month/$10,000 per calendar month
- Cash Management
- 5 items per day/$5,000 per day
- 20 items per calendar month/$50,000 per calendar month
Is it secure?
Yes. Your personal information is safe with us.
- We use advanced encryption and monitoring technology
- We secure your accounts with your unique Personal ID and password
- We never store your personal banking information on your phone
- You will be logged off from mobile banking after 10 minutes of inactivity or when your phone times out, whichever comes first.
How do I use Mobile Deposit?
To use Mobile Deposit follow these steps:
You will need to register first.
- Log into your Mobile Banking App.
- Click “Mobile Deposit” in the menu screen.
- Fill out the user registration screen and click “continue”
- Select the account(s) you want to be able to deposit into.
- Read the Terms and Conditions. Click “Agree” then click “continue”
- You have now arrived at the registration status screen and are able to make deposits
- Click on Mobile Deposit in the Menu Screen
- On the Deposit Listing screen click on the “plus” sign to continue to make a deposit
- Scan the front of the check and follow the prompts to make sure the image is correct. Once the front is scanned, you will scan the back of the check. Enter the account number you want the deposit to go into and the amount of the check. Once completed, click “Deposit”.
- You will then have the option to complete the transaction, or deposit another item. Click “Done” when you have deposited all your items.
Should I take a picture of the front and back of my check?
Yes. Both images are required to make the deposit.
How do I endorse my check?
Please write "For CFB Mobile Deposit”and sign the back of your check.
What do I do if I cannot compete a deposit via the mobile deposit app?
Bring the check to any local branch and we will work with you to get the check deposited.
What do I do with the check once my deposit is complete?
Verify that your deposit was credited to your account. Once you are sure it has been credited, write VOID across the front of the item. Keep the item for 14 days and then destroy properly by shredding the item.
What do I do if Mobile Deposit crashes?
Mobile Deposit may crash due to low memory. You can try these suggestions:
- Close all applications and try again
- Restart the device
- Make sure you have updated your Mobile app to the latest version
Updates to the Mobile App
Why should I update the Community First Bank Mobile app version?
We continuously add performance improvements as well as new features and services.
How do I update my Community First Bank Mobile app version?
First check your device or app store for notices about version updates. If an update is available, follow the simple instructions.
Calling for Help
Who do I call for help?
Please call 608-943-0150. We're ready to help. If you're having technical issues with your phone or have questions about mobile data access or data charges on your phone bill, please contact the customer service department of your mobile service provider.