Community First Bank – Livingston State Bank Merger
We want to be the best bank for you, and our communities. That's why we are taking time to survey what you think. So let us know what's on your mind and help us be the best bank for you!
» Take the Survey
On February 18, 2016, Boscobel Bancorp, Inc., (Boscobel) the holding company of Community First Bank (CFB) and Rural Bancshares of Wisconsin, Inc., (Rural) the holding company of Livingston State Bank (LSB), announced their intent to merge. Applications have been sent to the necessary regulatory authorities for approval of the merger. We expect the merger of the holding companies to occur in the second quarter of 2016. The merger of LSB and CFB is expected to occur in the fourth quarter of 2016. Until that time, it is business as usual for you, our valued customers. We are very excited about the joining of these two strong community banks and believe it will have many long-term benefits for our customers and communities.
The decision for CFB and LSB to merge began with a simple discussion between two board members. As those discussions expanded and became more strategic, it became apparent that there were many long term benefits for both of our organizations, and our respective employees, customers and communities.
Some of the benefits of the merger to you, our customers, include the following:
- The banks and employees have similar cultures of providing superior value to their customers and a strong commitment to their communities.
- The bank’s markets complement each other and will provide customers with the ability to transact business at an expanded number of locations.
- As a combined organization, we will have the ability to provide new and improved products and services to our customers.
- Our combined institution will have the capability to make and service larger loans that we were unable to do on our own. The combined loan portfolio will have more diversity and each institution will bring expertise in different lending areas.
- The combined bank will have a stronger and more diverse management team and Board of Directors.
Most importantly, the merger will help ensure that we can remain a locally-owned independent community bank that is committed to seeing our customers and communities prosper well into the future!
We thank you all for allowing us to serve you and look forward to continuing to serve you long into the future. We will continue to strive to find ways to add value to our relationships with you through providing competitive high-quality products and services, superior customer service, and the commitment to see you and our communities prosper!
The following are some FAQ’s that will help you learn more about the merger. We will continue to update this as the merger progresses. This will be available on the Community First Bank (www.cfbank.com) and the Livingston State Bank (www.livingstonbank.com) websites.
Customer Questions & Answers